1. The company was started by Ralph Lauren in 1967.
2. Ralph Lauren was actually born Ralph Lifschitz
3. He was born in the Bronx, New York, on the 14th of October, 1939.
4. He decided to start the company when he received a $50,000 loan.
5. The first product ever created by Polo Ralph Lauren was men's ties.
6. The first women's collection for Polo Ralph Lauren was launched in 1971, in Beverly Hills, California.
7. Ralph Lauren's estimated net worth is $5.8 billion, making him the 173rd richest person in the world.
8. Ralph Lauren's famous Polo t-shirts were released in 1972.
9. Ralph Lauren Polo t-shirts originally came in 24 colors.
10. In 2009 alone, Polo Ralph Lauren recorded a fiscal revenue of $5 billion.
11. Polo Ralph Lauren became a public company in 1997, listed on the stock exchange under "RL".
12. Ralph Lauren was diagnosed with a benign brain tumor in 1987.
13. Ralph Lauren has a collection of over 70 vehicles.